How Do I Play?
The sky is the limit with how you bounce, roll, and flip! These are some common BubbleBall games:
- Bubble Soccer / Bubble Football (Europe): Indoor or outdoor soccer without a goalie, played in teams of 5-10. The best way of playing soccer without running for miles. Yet a great work out!
- Bubble Baseball: A fun variation of kickball. Players kick the ball and try to make it around the bases. Catching team players must first touch the ball before they are allowed to move and then run to knock down the runners before they get to each base.
- Sumo Smash: A straightforward game where two players must enter into a ring with their inflatable bubbles. Players have to try to force the other party out of the ring in order to win.
- Royal Rumble: Similar to WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment), players enter the ring at every interval to battle out for the last man standing to win the crown title.
- Zombieball: One player, the Zombie, starts off in the center circle of the field while all the others, the Freedom Fighters, start at one end. The objective of a freedom fighter is to be the last person who does not get infected and makes it to the safe zone. All freedom fighters must run with each whistle blow to make it from one end’s safe zone to the other end without getting knocked over and infected. When only one freedom fighter is left s/he has one last chance to get from one end to the other. If the freedom fighter makes it to the other end safe zone, s/he is declared the winner.
How much does it cost?
Prices may vary depending on group size and function.
Is there an age limit?
Playing is recommended for ages 7 and up. The combination of height, weight, and the strength of each person can contribute to how comfortable one feels playing. Height is the bigger factor.
What is the weight, height and size limits?
There is no minimum weight limit, but the lighter you are the more likely you are to be bounced off by a heavier player.
We recommend a maximum weight of 200lb for the large 1.5m balls and 100lb for the smaller 1.2m balls. If you can fit into the ball comfortably you should be fine.
We recommend a height of 5′ 7″ – 6′ 3″ for the large 1.5m balls and a height of 4′ 2″ – 5′ 6″ for the smaller 1.2m balls. These are approximate ranges as it depends on individual body stature and personal comfort.
6 – 8 inches of space is required above your head to the top surface of the ball to allow you to flip over safely. Taller/thicker players using balls not allowing such room or being too tight play at their own discretion. You may be may be advised to not play and refunded if we can not find a suitable ball in our inventory for you.
Can I get hurt?
The equipment has been extensively tested for the games it is designed for. Like any sport we recommend using your best judgement while playing as you get comfortable; take proper safety precautions and wear supportive athletic shoes that you are comfortable running in.
Can I play with pre-existing injuries?
We do not recommend playing with any existing injuries. Playing can take a great deal of physical endurance and can be quite tiring. Of course that’s part of the fun of it! It is a great core body workout that is safe for people of all fitness levels. If you fall down while playing there are techniques to getting up quickly with less effort. We recommend rolling face down and then getting up instead of trying to get up facing up.
What materials are BubbleBalls made of?
BubbleBalls are made PVC and TPU plastic.